Make art not waste! Shop our selection of art supplies– featuring fine art frames and archival mats, along with fabric, studio equipment, bags and more. Find gifts for your artist friends– and your inner artist.
Come to our holiday sale!
- Saturday, December 10th from
- 4 – 9 pm
- at the brave lux studio, 1770 W. Berteau Ave (at Ravenswood).
Joe’s Garage is an art supply exchange where we collect surplus supplies and make them available to artists and makers. All proceeds benefit animalia project’s work on climate action and creating a better environment for all of us.
What will you find?
- fine art frames — these are brand new and beautiful (donated by a Chicago art gallery)
- clear acrylic sheets– brand new and unscathed
- archival mat boards– these are brand new too! mostly white or ivory
- fabric– mostly new. includes upholstery fabric
- bags– for hauling musical equipment, photo gear and whatnot
- totes– for hauling groceries and everything else
- metal stands
- sewing notions
- colorful paper– big pieces of seamless photo paper and small bits from magazines, etc
- gifts for artists, makers and handy-people
Prices vary, with most large frames $20 – 100. Most items are under $20. And– free stuff!
And– make your own postcards!
We’ll have cards and nature-themed stamps for making your own cards. Why not stop by and make a few cards that fit your mood– holiday cards for friends or action cards for legislators, business leaders, media, regulators and others.
RSVP via eventbrite
And– stop by the Half-Baked Sale at the Chicago Glass Collective just downstairs.